Effective Date: November 28, 2023
Who Does This Policy Cover?
This Policy applies to personal information we collect both online and offline, including when you access or use our websites and mobile application (collectively, the “Services”), shop in our store, attend our events, outings, or trips, contact customer support, or otherwise interact with us.
How is This Policy Updated?
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the Effective Date above and, in some cases, we may provide you with more prominent notice (for example, by adding a statement to our homepage or sending you a notification), such as in connection with making material changes to this Policy. We encourage you to review this Policy regularly to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
What Personal Information Does Shepherd and Schaller, Inc. Collect?
Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you become a member; make a purchase from us; access and use our Services (including when you write a review or participate in other interactive areas of our Services); create an online account or profile; sign up for or participate in contests, promotions, customer experience research, surveys, mailing lists, events, outings or trips; engage with us via social media platforms; and when you email, call, chat, or otherwise communicate with us.The types of information we may collect include your name, address, phone number, email address, ZIP code, photos, videos, social media usernames, demographic information, information about your interests, outdoor activities, and preferences, the content you post to the interactive areas of our Services, and any other information you choose to provide. If you make a purchase from us, we work with third party payment processors to collect and process your payment information.
In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you provide emergency contact information, purchase a gift card for someone and request that we deliver it electronically, decide to purchase and ship products to someone, or create and share a gift registry. We will use this information to fulfill your requests and will not send communications to your contacts unrelated to your requests unless they separately engage with us or consent to receive communications from us.
Information We Collect Automatically. When you access or use the Services or shop in our stores, we automatically collect certain information about you, including:
- Transaction Information: When you make a purchase or return, rent equipment, or register for events, outings, or trips, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price, and the date and location of the transaction.
- Device and Usage Information: We may obtain information about the device you use to access our Services and your use of our Services, including the type of browser you use, hardware model, operating system and app version, mobile network information, IP address, unique device identifiers, access times, pages viewed, items placed in your cart, links clicked, browsing behavior, and the webpage you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Audio and Video Recordings, Photos, and Chat Content: We may capture photographs and video recordings in our stores and other facilities for security and loss prevention purposes. If you contact customer service through our chat feature or by phone, we may monitor and retain those conversations, including for training purposes.
- Precise Geolocation Information: In accordance with your device permissions, we may collect information about the precise location of your device. You may stop the collection of precise location information at any time in the settings on your device.
Information We Collect from Other Sources. We may also receive information about you from other sources. For example:
- If you create an account or access our Services using credentials from a third-party social media platform (such as Facebook), we have access to certain information from that platform, such as your name, email address, friends list, and public profile information, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by that platform.
- We collect content you disclose publicly in connection with our products, services, or campaigns, including photos, videos, and profile information.
Information We Infer or Derive About You. We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may infer that you are looking to purchase new ski gear or other products based on your website browsing behavior and past purchases, or we may use your IP address to draw inferences about your approximate location.
How Does Shepherd and Schaller, Inc. Use Your Personal Information?
We use the information we collect about you to provide the products and services you request and customize your experience with us. We also use the information we collect to:
- provide, maintain, and improve our Services;
- facilitate and improve your in-store and online shopping experience;
- manage your accounts with us, and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, support messages, and other transactional or relationship messages;
- detect, investigate, and help prevent security incidents, fraudulent transactions, and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activities and help protect the rights and property of REI and others;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- carry out any other purpose conveyed to you at the time the information was collected.
How Does Shepherd and Schaller, Inc. Disclose Your Personal Information?
In certain circumstances, we disclose (or permit others to directly collect) information about you.
- with service providers, vendors, contractors, or agents who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf, such as those that assist us with our business and internal operations like shipping and delivery, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, surveys and market research, gift cards, analytics, marketing, and advertising;
- if you choose to use integrations we offer on our Services, such as sharing your location through Google Maps integration, we may provide certain information to the third parties that provide the integrated products or services. These third parties will process such information in accordance with their own terms and privacy policies;
- at your direction, including when you share actions you take on the Services with social media, and vice versa, submit a product review using a third party service or otherwise direct Shepherd and Schaller, Inc. to disclose your personal information to a third party;
- in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company, joint venture, corporate reorganization, insolvency or bankruptcy, financing or sale of company assets;
- if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet law enforcement or national security requirements;
- and with your consent.
Where Does Shepherd and Schaller, Inc. Process and Store Your Information?
We are based in the United States and process and store personal information on servers located in the U.S. We use third party service providers that may be located in, or have servers in, another country.
What Are Your Privacy Rights and Choices?
Account Information. You can access, correct, or delete certain information stored within your online account at any time by logging into your online account.
Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. You can also adjust certain cookie settings. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Legal Basis for Processing. When we process your personal information, we will only do so when:
- We need to use your personal information to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you, for example to deliver products that you ordered from us.
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information. For example, if you are a customer, we may process your personal information to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to our Services, and to provide, secure, and improve our Services.
- We find such processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- We have your consent to do so. When your consent is the legal basis for our processing, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
Retention. We store other personal information for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes for which we originally collected it and for other business purposes explained in this Policy.
Your Rights. By submitting personal information to us or our service providers, you consent to the collection, use, disclosure, and transfer of your personal information in accordance with this Policy and as permitted or required by law. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at [email protected]. If you withdraw your consent (of if you decide not to provide certain personal information), you acknowledge that we may not be able to provide you with certain products, services, or information.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this Policy or about our privacy practices, please call Customer Service at 1-715-845-5432 send an email message to [email protected]. You may also direct your privacy-related comments or questions to the following address:
Shepherd and Schaller Attn: Privacy / 324 Scott St / Wausau, WI 54403