In 2011 Marcus Brown, Dave Wingerter and Bob LaPoint took a different approach to ski design. They stepped back to look at where and how most boaters and waterskiers spent their time. These people weren’t tucked away on private man-made lakes with ski specific boats where most in the competitive waterski community exclusively reside. They were out on larger public lakes, rivers and waterways, behind everything from wakeboard boats to jet skis to fishing boats. From there, the design team developed technology that specifically enhanced the ski experience for free-skiers on these variable water conditions. Since its release in 2012, the Freeride has become the standard in open water waterskiing and continues to encourage waterski exploration the world over.
This adjustable rear kicker employs a Marshmallow Foam Liner for amazing out-of-the-box comfort and pairs great with the freeMAX boot. The ART''s easy to mount and adjust Direct Connect System gives the skier Natural Edge Angle for precise edge control & improved balance. It achieves the industry''s shortest Flex Footprint which virtually eliminates ski flex dead spots so your ski turns as easy as designers intend. The DC system also allows for Micro Adjustment for infinite fore/aft and 7* of rotational adjustment. The Adjustable Rear Toe is also available in the aluminum plated version to fit traditional insert patterns.
- CARVE RAILS: Steep entry concave for amazing edge hold when laying down powerful arcs
- CLEAN EDGE LOCATION: Less drag equals more lift and it is the lift on the rear 50% of the Freeride''s running length that enables low drag skiing with less spray and effort. From under the skier''s front foot through the forebody of the ski, the Freeride utilizes a traditional ski edge design. This rounded edge rides deeper in the water for the stability skiers need.
- CLEAN EDGE TECHNOLOGY: This revolutionary ski technology allows skiers to ski behind any boat, at any speed, in any water condition. The beveled edge of a traditional waterski allows water to wrap around the bottom of the ski and up the sidewall where it finally releases off the ski''s top edge. Clean Edge is bevel-less and the sidewalls are rotated inward like wakeboard edge. This combination causes water to release cleanly off the ski''s bottom surface resulting in a 50% less drag than conventional skis.
- FREERIDE FLEX: A snowski inspired flex pattern allows the Freeride to bend its rocker into turns providing smooth carving with low effort.
- HEX FIN: NACA Airfoil inspired 3-dimensional fin enhances ski versatility by increasing glide speed and turning properties
- DIRECT CONNECT SYSTEM: Easy to Mount, Easy to Adjust
- NATURAL EDGE ANGLE: For precise edge control & improved balance
- INDUSTRY''S SHORTEST FLEX FOOTPRINT: Virtually eliminates ski flex dead spots
- MICRO ADJUSTMENT: For infinite fore/aft and 7
- of rotational adjustment
- MARSHMALLOW FOAM LINER: Marshmallow Foam Liner for incredible comfort
- REMOVABLE FOOTBED ANCHORING SYSTEM: Removable Footbed Anchoring System for easier mounting
- DIRECT CONNECT OR TRADITIONAL: Available with Direct Connect Mounting System or Traditional Aluminum Plates